~ Leap Of Faith ~




The Collins Family
Photobucket

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

True Meaning of Christmas?

Photobucket

I found this song on a fellow family blog that is currently waiting for a referal from Ethiopia. Do we all know that it's Christmas Time? Are we all truly celebrating the true reason for the season? Yes, I realize that this video is totally 80's, but as I listen to this song, I can't help but wonder if I have actually shared with my family the true reason for the Christmas holiday. This song helps to remind me of the children all over the world that suffer from starvation and disease. I am so blessed for the good health of my children and family. Most of the time it is so hard for me to even fathom these sort of living conditions. I can only pray that I am teaching my children that Santa Claus symbolizes the generosity and goodwill that we feel during the month of December. Hopefully we are grateful for the true GIFT, that God so loved the world that he gave his begotten son. Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift! Thanks be to God for all the children all over the world (Philippines).



I really try to not place Santa in the center, but instead show that he is a humble servant of the One that is...GOD! Santa represents the spirit of family fun and the joy of giving and receiving. I believe that if I teach both Jaidyn and Addy these things, that there is no danger and that the true meaning of Christmas will ever be forgotten.

No comments: