~ Leap Of Faith ~




The Collins Family
Photobucket

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Chicken Adobo

Over the last month I have been researching Filipino foods and recipes. Even though I am not the best cook in the world and really don't enjoy cooking, I thought it might be fun to try a few of them out and attempt to bring the Philippines to my kitchen. I have decided that I am going to try Chicken Adobo. Adobo is the famous dish that is almost synonymous with being Filipino. The Philippine Adoption Yahoo group that I regularly read posts on, suggested this dish. Those who have traveled to the Philippines reported that this was one of their families favorites.

CHICKEN ADOBO
1/2 c. Vinegar
1/2 c. Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
4 Cloves Garlic Minced
1 Whole chicken (I am going to use 4 Chicken Breasts)

* Clean chicken and cut into pieces. Marinate in above ingredients
for one hour.
* Put chicken and sauce in saucepan and cook until tender. (about 40 min)
* Serve with Jasmine Rice

I am planning on trying this out sometime next week. Does anyone want to join us for dinner? Don't worry we have several pizza places in town if we need a back-up. :)

Here are some photos of Chicken Adobo (not mine). I will be sure to post the results of mine next week.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

how fun is that ... not a cook either ... we just had lumpia and i am a big fan of the pandosol (sp) bread that is a Filipino speciality... when we lived in CA we had some fabulous Filipino friends and they could cook like no other ...

thanks for your sweet words on my blog ...