~ Leap Of Faith ~




The Collins Family
Photobucket

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Stars and Stripes

Photobucket

The 4th of July is for America. And while our family primarily celebrates it with picnics, family gatherings, flags and fireworks I try to be mindful of how thankful we are for this great country and the freedom we have. I feel so blessed to live in the United States of America and I love to celebrate Independence Day. Most of all, I love the red, white, and blue of our flag and seeing it softly waving on so many people's porches and flagpoles. This day has impressed upon me the amount of sacrifice that my ancestors made to get me in this place. I also think about all the veterans in my life that came before me, some I know well and some that I will never know. I also pray for the safety of the men and women who are currently fighting for our freedom. Tomorrow, when I am enjoying the day with my family I want to remember that there are soliders (dads, moms, brothers, sisters, grandparents) out there fighting to give me this day. A day they are not spending with their family, a day they are not watching fireworks with their children, but a day when instead, they are fighting for my freedom.

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July holiday and that friends and family can come together and the happiness of the day is lasting. Display those stars and stripes proudly through the holiday weekend! Be safe!

Photobucket

No comments: