~ Leap Of Faith ~




The Collins Family
Photobucket

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Jaidyn is 5, First Snow & Ugly Sweaters

Jaidyn turned 5 this past Wednesday. I can't believe she is 5 and that a little over 5 years ago Wes and I were childless. It is crazy to think how much our lives have changed in a 5 year time period.

Jaidyn is a very sweet, caring little girl and we are so proud of her in so many ways. Jaidyn, We love you so much...Happy 5th Birthday!

We celebrated her birthday at McDonald's the night before her actual birthday with many of her preschool friends.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where there's food, there's Levi!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We let her open her gifts from us on her birthday morning.
Photobucket
On her birthday she received a sweet little surprise text on my phone from her preschool friend (who she also tells me she has a crush on).
Photobucket

We had an hour or so of big fluffy snowflakes so Wes took Levi out on the deck and let him experience his first snow. He was fascinated by the flakes and would hold his hand out catching them. I am guessing we will have much more of this to come and we have his snow boots and gloves ready for that day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is Wes and I's darling spirit-filled sweaters for the Ugly Sweater Party. My sweater had a huge sequin bow across it and I added the big bow in my hair to go along with the theme of my sweater. Definitely 80's. Don't you just love Wes's glittery holiday sweater accented with his turtle neck? It was a women's petite so it had 3-quarter sleeves and fit him across his stomach. He also wore some matching socks. Yikes!
Photobucket
If anyone has one of these parties coming up or actually think they are "Purdy", we would be more than willing to part with them.

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday to Jaidyn! I loved the birthday text from her crush :) So sweet...

Renee and Brian said...

First of all I just have to say that I love your ugly sweaters. How is Jaidyn enjoying being 5? I had to laugh at Levi staring at the birthday cake. I totally agree with him that the cake is the best part of any party!

emilie said...

aww--what a sweet text message :-) ...and those sweaters --wow!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday to Jaidyn.It looks like it was a fun party. I love that you are out in your first snow with no jacket on. We have snow today with a high of 9 above and a windchill below zero. Can I come live by you? Great sweaters! What a fun time.

Jenny said...

Julie,
It was cold that day and I was actually taking the picture from inside the house. Wes just took Levi out for a few minutes so he could see it. And while we don't have any snow, just some flurries, the wind chill is in the single digits if not in the negatives. FRRRREEEEZING!

Essay said...

very nice Picture,