~ Leap Of Faith ~




The Collins Family
Photobucket

Sunday, October 7, 2007

I Love Garage Sales!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As most of you already know, I love garage sales! I look forward to Friday mornings when the girls and I meet my mom and we drive all over town looking for those amazing bargains. Yes, I do it mainly because of my Ebay business, but at the same time I think it has become an addiction. I look forward to it every week and am a little sad that each weekend may be the last as the cold weather will soon set in.

Over a week ago, Friday, I had dropped Jaidyn off at pre-school and my mom, Addy, and I were out hitting the garage sales. As I was paying for a couple of items, I started talking with the two women who were having the sale, and I honestly can't remember how it came up but I ended up telling them that we were in the process of adopting from the Philippines. The woman who was taking my money, immediately got excited and told me that she is from the Philippines. To make a long story short...she has been living in the U.S. for 3 years. Her husband is in the army and I am guessing that is how they met. They have two beautiful children a girl and boy who I am guessing are both under the age of 4. She said that all of her family still lives in Manila, Philippines. She asked if we would be traveling soon as they will all be traveling back to the Philippines to stay for a month in December. I told her about how far along we were in the process and that we still had a long wait ahead of us. Too bad we wouldn't be traveling because she would be a great person to help guide us along in travel. She gave me her phone number, so that I could contact her with any questions before we travel. I was so excited about meeting her because I think she could help guide us with travel plans down the road.

If this isn't fate...this past Friday my mom and I were once again out going to garage sales while Jaidyn was at pre-school. And I just so happen to run into Cecilia, the Filipino woman that I met last weekend. She was at the sale with her two children. So once again we started talking and she already gave me some tips about travel in the Philippines, especially as a tourist. She said that if her husband has to go back to Iraq for a long period of time that she will move her family back to the Philippines for that time. She gave me her email address just in case they would move so that I would be able to contact her. So her family may be in the Philippines after all during our time of travel.

No comments: