~ Leap Of Faith ~




The Collins Family
Photobucket

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why God, Why?

I just received an email from a friend containing news that Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman just lost one of their daughter's to a horrible tradgedy. Their five year old daughter was killed last night by a car driven by her teenage brother in the driveway of the Chapman family’s Williamson County home in Tennessee. She was playing in the driveway when she was accidently struck. Maria is one of three daughters Chapman and his wife Mary Beth have adopted from China. The couple has been very active in promoting international adoption, having created a ministerial foundation called Shaohannah's Hope to financially assist couples in the process (we received one of these grants from their foundation earlier this month).

What a horrible tragedy. It just breaks my heart to see such a young girl taken so early. I know they are all hurting, but I can't imagine the enormous pain and guilt of her brother. I pray that God brings comfort and peace in a very real way to them. As a family they have given so much through their music and ministry. May God grant them the comfort that only He can give at times such as these.

Here is a blog video of Maria and her Daddy a few months ago.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am praying for the Chapman family, and for your family. I am here in the Philippines now enjoying all the beautiful children. I pray for the little one that God will bless you with.