~ Leap Of Faith ~




The Collins Family
Photobucket

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

St. Louis Getaway

This past weekend, the girls and I tagged along with my parents to St. Louis to visit my sister. Friday evening my sister hosted a get together as a lot of family lives in the St. Louis area. Once again, I over-indulged myself in yummy Mexican appetizers, pizza, and brownies. And when this side of the family gets together it is a must that we have margaritas. Yes, it is always interesting when my mom's side of the family gets together...watching my aunts and my sister clobber the pizza man as they try to get to him first to pay, two aunts fighting over who gets to take Jaidyn or Addy to the bathroom as they just love spending as much time with the girls as possible, and I think every girl in the family always brings their camera to every gathering so you can imagine how many pictures are always taken (this is done partly just to annoy all of the guys). That night, my sister volunteered to let Jaidyn and Addy sleep with her, and I was all excited about getting a good nights sleep on one of the couches, but of course that excitement didn't last for long as Addy woke-up around 1:00 am and decided that she wanted me. Lying on a couch with Addy on my chest didn't allow for much sleep or comfort. Oh well, it turned out to be a normal night after all.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
Prettiest Pumpkins at Daniel's Pumpkin Patch!
The original reason for the trip was to watch my sister's volleyball team play. We spent Saturday morning watching a pool play game and then took the girls to Daniel's Pumpkin Patch for most of the afternoon before returning to watch the finals of the volleyball tournament. Jill's team placed 3rd overall...they were 4-1 for the day, not a bad day of volleyball.

Photobucket
Addy's first pony ride. I love him...

Photobucket
I love him not...

Photobucket
I love him!

Photobucket
Life on Mars!

On Sunday, we visited Grant's Farm, the ancestral farm of the Busch family. The Clydesdale stables were fascinating as only the finest Clydesdales make the tour teams as the physical requirements are very strict (I wonder what happens to the ones that don't meet the physical standard?). On the trolley tour we were able to see many different animals from 6 of the 7 different continents. The girls were able to bottle feed the goats and at first they were okay with the goats until the goats decided to surround them and chew on their clothing while trying to get to the one lone bottle of milk in their hands. We finished the tour ending at The Bauernhof. The farmstead surrounds a courtyard that had stable houses and historical memorabilia. Grant's Farm is operated by the Anheuser Busch, Inc., and I hope that the farm isn't changed by the Inbev buyout. Visiting Grant's Farm is a tradition that our family hopes to continue to do in the future.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The sign that is in the lower portion of the picture says "Caution, Animal May Bite". We have always said that my sister is book smart, but not sure if common sense applies.

St. Louis Getaway Slideshow Pictures

No comments: