~ Leap Of Faith ~




The Collins Family
Photobucket

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Survey

I am finally responding to the Christmas survey that I received through email from one of my Aunts and cousins a week before Thanksgiving. I usually never take the time to answer these as I am on the computer enough the way it is that I generally skip things like this. However, I really enjoyed reading all of their responses and don't want to be the one Scrooge in the family who didn't take the time to answer the questions. Aunt Cheryl and Jessica, this is for you. :)

Photobucket

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both - I usually try to wrap everything, but it almost never fails that I run out of scotch tape and the bags in my gift closet are just too convenient.

2. Real tree or artificial? Definitely artificial. Real trees are way too much work. Watching my Dad one Christmas crawl under the tree everyday to water it and then have to vacuum all of the fallen needles confirmed the fact that I will never have a real tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? I am almost embarrassed to answer this. We put all of our indoor Christmas decorations up 2 weeks before Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime between Christmas and New Years Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yuck! No Eggnog for me, I would much rather have a glass (or two)of my mom's Christmas punch.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I was very fortunate to have received many wonderful gifts each Christmas.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, Grandma Penny gave us one for Christmas after Wes and I got married.

8. Hardest person to buy for? The in-laws.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Definitely the girls. I always have their presents bought way early.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? When I was teaching we had a secret pal gift swap that went on during the month of December. One of my gifts, was a Dollar Store (or at least it looked like it) candle in a sleigh. That wasn't the worst part, it had been already used (several times)as half of the wax was gone. My secret pal was definitely recycling gifts.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Snail Mail, I just sent them out on Monday. I love sending out the photo Christmas cards.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I like all of the kid cartoon movies...Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, Grinch Stole Christmas, and Frosty The Snowman. This past weekend my mother-in-law treated all of us girls to the movie"Four Christmases" with Vince Vaughn and Reece Witherspoon. It was hysterical, a complete hoot. I definitely recommend it.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? For the girls, I usually shop all year round. Most of my other shopping is done the week or two after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not too often, but I am a big fan of recycling in general.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Spinach Artichoke Dip, Spicy Fried Pheasant (Dad do have any of this to fry up this year?), and Reece's Peanut Butter Bars.

16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? I Love the simplicity and sparkle of clear lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love Christmas music in general and tune my radio to 105.9 as they play Christmas the day after Thanksgiving all through December. I am not sure I know the exact name, but I love Faith Hill's song that she sang for the Grinch Stole Christmas movie...Where are you Christmas? O Holy Night is also one of my favorites.

18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? Lots of Traveling. Family is all over the state of Missouri. We love spending time with everyone during the holiday season.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen {and Rudolph?}. Thank goodness that I just read The Night Before Christmas yesterday. :)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We don't have either as our tree reaches the ceiling without either one. Jaidyn has mentioned on several occasions that we need a star, so if we were to ever get one, I guess it would be a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both - I grew up opening presents on Christmas eve so we still open presents with my side of the family on Christmas Eve. We do our Christmas at home on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Sometimes I get wrapped up in all the things that I need to do during the season and don't get to enjoy it as much as I would like. Sometimes the real reason for the season is overlooked.

23. Favorite Christmas tradition? I loved the excitement of going to church on Christmas Eve knowing that Santa was visiting our house while we were gone. Opening presents and then sitting around in our pj's playing with our new toys.

24. Up early or sleeping in? Early bird gets the worm! :)

25. Who hands out the gifts? Usually me, as I know who gets what.

26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Yes, he loves using any kind of paper with pictures of him on it.

27. Do you tell the Christmas story? Yesterday, the girls and I read a book "Who is coming to our house?" about the Christmas Story from the animals point of view. Cute book! I have several different versions that we will read throughout this month.

28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? Absolutely! We have a special plate just for this occasion. Back when I was young, Santa (my Dad) signed the back of the paper plate that we left cookies on, "Thanks, Love Santa". My sister and I held on that plate for several years after.


Note: Tag your it! Anyone who reads this blog post has been tagged to answer these same questions. Wes, that means you. Also, I would love to read any of our fellow adoption bloggers answers. :)

No comments: