~ Leap Of Faith ~




The Collins Family
Photobucket

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just Hanging Out

I just looked at our available internet time and we have 1 hour left. This will be our last blog post from the Philippines. We have our ICAB appointment this morning and then will also go to the airport to confirm Levi's boarding passes for tomorrow morning. Our flight leaves bright and early from Manila, 6:45 am.

Yesterday we just spent the entire day hanging out together. It was our last day on our own as today we have several places on the agenda. This post will mostly be short and sweet with mainly pictures.

Photobucket
Levi and Daddy just hanging out playing before bedtime (this is from 2 nights ago)

Photobucket
Levi is sporting his St. Louis Cardinal Baseball romper from his Papa J.R. and Mama LaLa. Go Cards! We ate at Burger King for lunch today as we are trying to stay with American food chains to be on the safe side when eating. However, it wasn't a really a good choice as it didn't offer the healthier options like mandarin oranges instead of fries, etc. So for Levi, this place didn't work out very well.

Photobucket
Wes is already trying to teach Levi wrestling moves. I guess he will need to learn them to keep up with his sisters. :)
Photobucket
Levi won! Daddy had to tap out!

Photobucket
This is more like it...snuggle time with mommy!

We did go to the pool again today and he did like it, but wasn't in to it as much as yesterday. I think it was being we went down to the pool about 30 minutes before nap time. He is so used to his schedule that I think he could barely keep his eyes open. When we got back to our room he was asleep in his crib within 5 minutes.

Photobucket
You should see how excited he gets when he sees me start to mix his bottle. He waves his arms excitedly from side to side and gets the biggest smile.

We took Levi to baywalk as this was one of our favorite places that we visited earlier in the week. We love the casual atmosphere and they have had live bands both times that we have been. Part of the baywalk was shut down because the USS George Washington aircraft carrier was at port and U.S. Navy soldiers had a 4 day break. We watched smaller boats take them back and forth from the shore to the ship. Once again it was very cloudy so we were unable to see the sunset. Tonight we ate at Hooters and I will be honest, I picked it. Yes, it was my choice to eat there. To my defense, it was the only place on the boardwalk that wasn't seafood. We looked at, at least 3 different restaurant menus before I chose Hooter's. None of them offered anything I would eat. I am sure you all remember my post from earlier in the week when we ate at Pier 1. Wes also couldn't stomach the idea of eating that kind of seafood again.

Photobucket
Watching the waves splash in.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
This may have been his first time on a slide. Levi wasn't really sure what to think about it.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
These police men are part of the national police SWAT team. They were very nice and when Wes told them he was part of the SWAT team back home they let him look inside their vehicle and introduced them to a couple more guys on their team.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Just hanging out at Hooter's!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Sleepy Boy. His little blanket that his Nana made him has worked out perfectly in his crib.

Please pray for our flight home and that it will be a smooth one. Wes and I are already dreading it simply because it was so miserable on the way over. I wish I had a magic wand and "poof" we could be back home.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I wish I had a magic wand for you to get home in a flash too! By the time you read this, though, you'll hopefully be home!!!

Renee and Brian said...

Wow, I can't believe that it is time for you guys to come home again. I hope that you have a safe and pleasant trip back. Thanks again for posting all the pictures. Levi is a real cutie!

Joanne said...

It feels like you guys just got to the Philippines, but I can imagine you must be really anxious to get Levi home to meet the whole family, especially his big sisters!Praying for a quick and safe trip for the three of you...

Allison Family said...

Hoping and praying for a smooth, safe journey home and a much looked forward re-uniting with your daughters I'm sure!

Amber said...

What an adorable little boy!
Have a wonderful, safe trip back home :0) I'm sure you miss your girls...soon, the whole family will be together!! Wishing you guys all the best...

Haley and fam said...

Haven and I just got finished reading your blog...she has a friend over who was asking her what she wanted for her birthday...do you know what she said??? She wants to see her new cousin Levi for for her birthday...it made me tear up...how sweet. He is already so loved. We are praying for a good trip. Love you guys.

Brett said...

What a great story - what an experience you had. Zihdane Lee? I understand why you changed his name. I enjoyed reading your blog, viewing the pictures, and your new son Levi looks very happy - he's in good hands. I'm a Cards fan as well - they are doing well now.

Safe travels.